As a Service Provider seeking access to the open access fiber network installed and managed by Underline, the undersigned entity pledges their allegiance and agreement to the following Principles:
A. Net Neutrality
- Commitment to transparency: Subscribers must be fully informed about the services offered, including technical characteristics and network management practices, so they can make informed choices.
- Free flow of information: Subscribers will have access to internet content, applications, and services without intentional degradation.
- No blocking of lawful websites: Subscribers will have access to all lawful websites, resources, applications, and internet-based services.
- No discrimination of lawful network traffic: All lawful traffic, including encrypted traffic, shall receive similar treatment. No specific content or particular service providers will receive preferential treatment based on affiliation, the identity of the user, the identity of the provider, the content of the information, or the type of service being provided.
- No paid prioritization: Service Providers may not offer prioritized transmission of certain content or applications in preference to other internet traffic sharing the same network facilities.
B. Closing the Digital Divide
Services available to qualified low income residents will be the same quality as those available to other consumers. Providers shall not offer discounts or benefits in exchange for “opting in” that would push low income Subscribers to sacrifice their digital privacy, without full disclosure of the trade-off.
Service Providers must:
- Obtain opt-in consent from the Subscriber prior to collecting, using, disclosing, or permitting access to Subscriber personal information or information about a Subscriber's use of the network.
- Give Subscribers consistently available “opt-out” mechanisms to prevent any use of their data, including advertising of any kind, other than advertising the provider’s own service.
- Delete all stored personal information within a 90 day period from the moment of initial collection.
Service Providers must NOT:
- Use, sell, or otherwise permit access to Subscriber’s personal information or "de-identified" data, unless Subscriber provides prior opt-in consent
- Refuse to serve or limit services to any Subscriber who chooses not to give prior affirmative consent, or who opts out
- Block, deprioritize, or otherwise encumber Subscriber’s use of encryption technology
Every reasonable effort will be made to securely deliver data and uninterrupted service to Subscribers.